My Recovery Couch is a leading clinic specializing in online adult ADHD treatment. Our team of psychiatrists, addiction specialists, and behavioral therapists create customized treatment plans to help patients manage the symptoms of ADHD and attain improved mental and emotional wellness. Here are some of the treatments for adult ADHD:
Doctors prescribe stimulant drugs or psychostimulants to those battling ADHD. Stimulants help boost and balance brain chemical levels and improve the signs and symptoms of inattention and hyperactivity. As a part of our virtual ADHD medication treatment, our doctors prescribe the following stimulant drugs:
- Amphetamines – Medications like dextroamphetamine, dextroamphetamine-amphetamine, and lisdexamfetamine activate specific receptors in the brain and increase the activity of norepinephrine and dopamine. These drugs help improve the quality of life in ADHD patients.
- Methylphenidates – Drugs like Concerta, Ritalin, and Focalin fall under Methylphenidates. Methylphenidates reduce hyperactivity and impulsive behavior in children and improve their concentration.
The dosage for a drug can vary from one patient to another. Also, only your doctor can determine the correct dose for your child after prescribing a combination of medications in different dosages over a certain period. It is pivotal that you do not try ADHD stimulant medications without a proper online diagnosis for ADHD, as they come with a high risk for heart problems and several mental health symptoms.
- ADHD Behavior Therapy
Behavior therapy helps both children and adults with ADHD. Our telemedicine for ADHD uses a combination of counseling and psychotherapy to help patients garner the best outcome in recovery. Here are some of the behavioral ADHD online management therapies we offer:
- Behavior therapy – We teach parents various behavior-changing strategies like token reward systems, timeouts, and other critical skills for difficult situations.
- Social skills training – We help children learn appropriate social behaviors.
- Parenting skills training – Our therapists help parents develop essential skills and tools to understand their child’s behavior.
We also use psychotherapy to help older children with ADHD overcome negative behavior patterns and learn critical methods to manage their symptoms. Our therapists also use family therapy to help parents and siblings overcome the stress of living with people with ADHD.
- Alternative Medicine
While there’s little evidence to support the effectiveness of alternative medicine treatments for ADHD, several patients have experienced a noticeable improvements and a boost in quality of life with holistic therapies. Consult a doctor offering online treatment for ADHD before considering other alternative interventions for yourself or your child. Some alternative medicine treatments that may help with ADHD include:
- Yoga or meditation – Practicing yoga or meditation can help relax your child’s mind and help them learn discipline. You may also train them on mindfulness and other relaxation techniques to equip them with critical skills to manage their ADHD symptoms.
- Special diets – ADHD-specific diets eliminate foods like sugar, wheat, food colorings, additives, milk, coffee, and eggs, as they tend to increase hyperactivity and are some of the common allergens.
Call 916-304-7791 to schedule an appointment for online adult ADHD treatment. Dr. James Koch, at My Recovery Couch, has over 30 years of experience in treating addiction disorders and can help you attain a safe and speedy recovery with personalized care. Do not let your addiction control your life anymore. Act today!